On March 20th of 2018 I swore a pledge in which I guaranteed 5 more years of service to Loki.
Within even just the first six months (i.e., from spring to fall equinox) my practice underwent some massive and overwhelmingly positive changes. Which is awesome, because part of my motivation for doing this was to light a fire under my ass.
So here’s my progress report, I suppose.
The terms of my pledge (which I think I might be publishing for the first time, actually) are as follows:
- Oath ring must be worn during waking hours,
- Religious jewelry should also be worn under similar circumstances.
- Altars must be cleaned properly at least once per month.
- Celebrate all major heathen holidays with a proven historical basis, plus Lokabrenna.
- I must make a concerted effort to pursue ordination.
- I must participate in and contribute to my local Heathen community, to the best of my ability.
- I must continue studying the lore and language, and do any further research that will improve my service to my gods and my religious community.
- No cutting hair until ordination. (This was added later.)